Dumbest Robbers ever in Kenya: The worst plan of how to rob a bank
If there are dumber thieves, then these ones are a close second.
The robbery was well scripted and executed and no one raised an eyebrow.
It was bloodless and perfect until it came to opening the safe where 36 million Kenya shillings ( approximately $500,000 ) was stored. The money was to be picked up at Equity Centre, upper hill, Nairobi, and transported to Garissa by 2 Wells Fargo vans.
4 police officers were to provide escort and were to be picked up at administration Police college, Embakasi. The driver of one of the Wells Fargo van, (who was part of the robbery plan) picked 6 robbers in police clothes and headed to Equity Centre.
At 5:30 am, they were cleared by the bank and they hit the road. At Juja, they diverted about 5 kilometres from the main road. A black X Trail had now joined them. It was to be their escape car. One of the Wells Fargo guards who was not part of the plot was beaten up and handcuffed in one of the now abandoned security vans.
Meanwhile in Nairobi, the genuine AP officers who were supposed to escort the money to Garissa, arrived at Equity Centre wondering why they had not been picked up. They were informed that another crew had already left with the money.
Even now, no one suspected a thing. About 4 hours later, police were informed of an abandoned cash in transit van in Juja. The guard who had been locked up and forgotten was found inside and taken in for questioning.
Now, everything started coming together. Wells Fargo confirmed that the van was destined for Garissa and police launched a manhunt. At 6 in the evening, hours after the movie began, the money was found abandoned at Ndarugo in Thika.
Police said that the gang could not break the seals of the cash boxes and decided to abandon their
loot. To break it all down, the bank robbers planned everything with precision, the fake IDS, the escape car, and the timing, but they forgot to plan how to break the seals, or what to do if the seals refused to break.
They were too close to their loot, yet too far. These must be the dumbest bank robbers.
Stories related to Dumbest Robbers ever in Kenya: The worst plan of how to rob a bank
- Rare Photos of Raila Amollo Odinga
- Animated Photos of President Uhuru Kenyatta from childhood to presidency
- Funniest jokes in Kenya: Who is the funniest man among these men from different Kenyan tribes and regions?
- Christmas Love messages and quotes
- Happy New Year Wishes Quotes – Romantic Happy New Year SMS Messages
- Happy Valentines Day Quotes – Valentines Day Love SMS Messages
- Happy Jamhuri Day SMS, Messages – Jamhuri Day Kenya
- HELB Loan application – How to apply for HELB Loan
- Happy Fathers Day Quotes – SMS, Messages, Wishes, Pictures, Photos
- Happy Mothers Day Quotes – SMS Quotes for Mothers Day
- Best happy Birthday wishes SMS
- How to apply for KRA iTax Tax compliance certificate – TCC
- KUCCPS admission list – KUCCPS admission letters, Download list here
- KRA iTax returns – How to file KRA Tax Returns in iTax Online
- KRA iTax Pin Application – How to register KRA iTax Pin Online
- KUCCPS Application – Online Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses
- KRA iTax Pin – KRA itax Pin Registration: Online Application
- Safaricom Selfcare Login Page – selfcare.safaricom.co.ke
- How to create an eCitizen account for Kenyan citizens
- KCPE results 2016 – How to check KCPE results 2016 Online
- Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority – UFAA Kenya
- KNEC KCPE Registration 2017 Online
- KNEC KCSE Registration 2017 Online